Coconut Banana Muffins
modified from smitten kitchen
3/4 C pastry flour
1/2 C whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 C unsweetened shredded coconut
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 C coconut oil
2 tbsp honey
3 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
1 tbsp organic sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine first set of dry ingredients (Flours, baking powder, salt, shredded coconut) in one bowl. Mix well.
3. In second bowl, combine mashed bananas, vanilla and beaten egg. Whisk together.
4.In small saucepan, melt coconut oil. Once it is almost completely melted, add honey and stir until the honey is melted.
5. Add coconut oil mixture to the rest of the wet ingredients. Mix together
6. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
7. Divide the batter between 12 lined or greased muffin tins. Garnish each with unsweetened coconut and a sprinkle of organic sugar.
8. Bake at 375 F for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Place muffins on cooling rack to cool.
Per 1/12 of recipie