I have been using that barbeque to cook dinner for the past 5 or 6 nights. I have a new favorite recipe that I found via Pintrest- Santa Fe Chicken Packets. They are quick, easy and amazingly delicious. The chicken is so moist when it's done, it's unreal! I made a few changes because I couldn't find Rotel- maybe that's a USA thing? Here is how I made them (complete recipe is below photos!)
|Ingredients for Bean Mixture|
|Combine beans, corn, tomatoes and spices. Can be refrigerated and used later.|
|Extra bean mixture can be eaten like salsa or on a salad- so yummy!|
|Place chicken breast on foil and cover with 1/4 bean mixture|
|Fold short edges together to seal, then fold the other edges over twice. Pull up middle so there is room for the steam to move. Note this piece of foil is way too long!!|
|Grill on Med-High 15-20 mins until chicken is no longer pink inside. (15 usually works perfectly for me!)|
|Carefully open packet and let steam escape. If not using cheese, enjoy!!|
|If using cheese, add and close packet up for another minute or so until cheese is melted.|
Santa Fe Chicken Foil Packets
adapted from ready, set, eat
4 Chicken Breasts
1- 540 ml (19oz) can black beans, rinsed well
1- 341 ml (12 oz) can corn- drained and rinsed
1- 540 ml (19 oz) can diced stewed tomatoes- drained
1/2 tsp cumin
2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tbsp taco seaoning
Shredded Mexican Cheese (optional)
1. Mix black beans, corn, tomatoes, cumin, red pepper flakes and taco seasoning (if using) together in a bowl.
2.Spray 4 pieces of foil with cooking spray and place a chicken breast on each.
3. Top each chicken breast with 1/4 of bean mixture
4. Fold into packets by bringing the short sides together and folding down twice, then folding the other ends over twice. Make sure there is room for the steam to move.
5. Grill on medium high heat with lid closed for 15-20 minutes until chicken is no longer pink inside. Open packets very carefully as steam will escape.
6. If you are using cheese, open the packet, sprinkle on desired amount of cheese and close packet up again for about 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
Nutritional Information (without cheese):
Per 1/4 of recipe
There are so many variations that can be made to this recipe. Playing around with the types of spices added, the types of tomatoes, using frozen corn instead of canned ect.You could probably add some diced jalapenos if you like it spicy!
There are lots of options for serving these as well. They are great on their own, on top of quinoa, in a wrap or on a salad. My favorite is on a salad with 1/2 an avocado and a little bit of sour cream. The perfect versatile summer bbq food! I had some leftover bean mixture last time I made these, so I used it on a salad for lunch the next day- it was fantastic!