I decided to challenge Will and myself to go for one week without eating anything processed- real food only! I don't think it will be too hard for me, but you never know what kind of challenges are going to pop up.
What is real food you ask? This is the set of rules that I am going to follow
What we can have:1. Whole foods- foods that come from nature, not food that's been overly processed
2.Fruits, veggies, dairy products (Milk, plain yogurt, cheese, eggs), 100% whole grains.
3. Locally raised meat when possible
4. Wild Seafood
5. Beverages limited to water, milk, coffee, tea, all natural fruit juice
6. Snacks- unsweetened dried fruit, nuts & seeds, popcorn
7. All natural sweeteners- 100% maple syrup, honey
What we can't have:1. No refined grains eg. white flour, white rice
2. No refined sweeteners eg. white sugar, corn syrup, cane juice, artificial sweeteners
3. Nothing from a package containing more than 5 ingredients
4. No deep fried foods or fast food
Pretty simple right? I have our meals all planned out for the next week so it should go pretty smoothly. We already eat pretty clean, but I must say I am going to miss condiments- I put ketchup on everything!! A week isn't very long so I'm not too worried.
I will be posting our menus and food pictures daily for the next week (hopefully!!) so look out for those posts!