I switched my Monday and Tuesday activity this week and went to a spin class tonight. It was pretty intense, and I was still sore from my BBB workout on Saturday so I'm pretty exhausted right now! I'm hoping my legs feel fresh enough for a run tomorrow morning!!
Here are my day 3 eats:
Breakfast- Whole Wheat Zucchini bread and fruit salad
Lunch- Pork chop with homemade honey mustard dip, salad with balsamic vinegar and olive oil
Lunch dessert- Apple and peanut butter dip
The peanut butter dip is super simple- 1 tbsp peanut butter, 3 tbsp plain Greek yogurt. It's really yummy, but the only thing I like it on is apples. I've tried it with celery and bananas and I don't love it, but with apples its awesome!
Snack- Hot fudge brownie larabar (Chocolate Covered Katie)
Dinner-Salmon and Curried Quinoa with chickpeas and kale
The curried quinoa salad is one that I came up with after putting a few different recipes together. Here it is in case you are interested:
Curried Quinoa SaladIngredients:
1 C Quinoa
1/2 Red Pepper
1 small can chickpeas
1 C slivered almonds
Fresh basil to taste (I used about 1/4 C roughly chopped)
Kale ( I used one bunch)
1/4 C olive oil
1/4 C lemon juice
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp curry powder
salt to taste
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions
2. While quinoa is cooking, Mix together all salad ingredients except for kale.
3. Saute kale with a bit of olive oil until it starts to wilt. Don't use high heat or kale will burn (I may have learned from experience). Add to the rest of the salad.
4. In a separate bowl combine ingredients for dressing.
5. Add cooked quinoa and dressing to the rest of the salad ingredients. Mix well and enjoy!
The beauty of this salad is that it is good hot or cold, or even lukewarm! I don't usually like new foods, but this is one of my favorite salads to make!